Robert and Lodema Shier purchased the business in 1954. An addition extended the building to the east, now referred to as the Peacock Room. It served as an additional dining room to accommodate more restaurant guests. The current kitchen was added to the rear of the dining room.
The façade was changed to reflect an English Tudor style. The door was relocated to the side and a bay window was added to the first floor. Bricks were installed and gas lights were attached to the front.